28 May 2013 - Pakcik itu

Semalam otw balik keje tetibe I felt like babbling...
About nothing specific... About life... About work...
Yes, sometimes I tend to forget how lucky and blessed I am compared to other people...
So I babble about how much I hate my job to buying a 2nd hand kitchen cabinet that a colleague of mine is planning to let go for only RM1.5K!
Cheap right?!

But it was then that Daddy decided to cut me off just so he could listen to some Nonengnoneng song on the radio.
Sentap ok mak!
So I turned up the volume to the max...
Sampai orang kat luar pun pandang keter kitorang satu macam....
Luckily da sampai kedai so I got off...

Anyway after that he decided to have dinner at his favourite Nasi Ayam stall...
In a food court to be exact..
And there I was.. Ignoring him...
Still mad at him...
Even though he tried to bring back the conversation about the kitchen cabinet...
(yes..I am like that.. My anger can lasts for days!)

But suddenly came this pakcik with a plactic bag filled with keropok ikan...
I think he gave salam but I didnt hear him cause I was too busy being angry...
And Daddy just gave the pakcik a nod...
The pakcik is old... White hair.. So thin...
He was wearing a shabby Baju Melayu and kopiah...
He was smiling...

But there was something about him that made me feel sorry... Sympathy...
He made me realize again how lucky I am to have what I have right now...
He made me wonder what kind of life he lives...
But he can still smile...
And there I was feeling angry and miserable over kitchen cabinets!!

As I was waiting for Daddy to reverse the car so that I could get in, he walked past me...
He gave salam and smile...
I answered and smile back...
I wanted to gave him ten or twenty ringgit but my head was contemplating...
I think about a lot of what ifs... Like what if he wont take the money? What if it upset him?

If I'm not mistaken it was the same pakcik whom I bought a pack of keropok ikan from a few days ago at the petrol station...
He was sitting on the floor, leaning againts the wall... Looking tired...
He asked me to take 2 packs of Keropok Ikan for RM20... Slightly expensive for keropok ikan right?
But at least he didnt beg...
He works for it...
Only God knows if that will be the only money he had to live on for days...!
I only bought one pack...

Thinking about him just breaks my heart...
I wish I can do more to help... But there is only so much one can do...

There is something about his smile...
Something about that pakcik that made me realize how lucky I am...
Thank you pakcik...
I pray for him...
I promise if I bump into you again I will buy your keropok ikan!

XoXo

No comments: