22 April 2013 - Not scared anymore...

Before this I used to avoid zippers...
Mainly because I do not have the right sewing foot.
I thought there is no foot for the antique SINGER machine other than the standard ones...
One day I saw it in the craft store and thought ' Whattahec, let's just buy it and try.
Besides, it only costs less than RM10'
So that is how I found out that they fit well with my antique machine...

Then I bought the invisible zipper foot and thought it may become handy one day...
That one day was last weekend.
I was thinking to myself, how much longer am I going to avoid zippers?
So I googled and found this tutorial on Coletterie.com.


I have this beautiful flower prints soft cotton that bought some time ago
But since it's only 1.2 meters it will not be enough to make a blouse for myself... but it is perfect for Qis...



I use one of her fitted shirt as the template... This is when I realize how thin she is!!
Macam plywood ... it's just so hard to get her to eat real food... *sigh*
Back to the zipper...
After 3 attemps of sewing and reaping and sewing and reaping, I lost count of how many times I tried it before I realize, nothing is wrong with the machine...
But something is definitely wrong with the foot or the needle(maybe)
Because when I sew using the left side of the foot (as below) it turned out perfect!
But when I use the right side, the thread became loose (i thought something is wrong with the tension)
That poor fabric, nak dekat hancur jadinya... Luckily masih boleh diselamatkan...

So I only use the left side for both side of the zipper... Just had to use a little bit of creativity...
:P



And then, as if it's not challenging enough, I decided to try and sew scallop as the bottom hem of the blouse...
I found the tutorial from the same website.
A bit tidious but so it's actually quite easy to sew...



This is how it looks like 80% completed...
20% for the sleeves.. :P



She is already sooo excited to wear it...
with the belt and handmade flower brooches that I sewed a couple of weeks ago..
























And this is how it looks like 100% completed!
Gave me an idea on how to sew our Baju Kurung for this year's Eid...
Not bad huh?
* forgot to snap a photo of the zipper at the back *

XoXo

No comments: